Come take a tour and hear about our K-12 campus for September 2018! Applications for 2018/19 accepted as of 1:30 pm on Thursday, 19 October 2017.
Please check out all the workshops we are offering. We encourage you to sign up to attend as they highlight some of the best ways we can help students succeed: School and Home Partnership! Please sign up here. This event will take place at the Broadway campus, beginning at 7 pm.
Who should come?
- Parents of K-6 students
- Parents who would like to support their children’s reading comprehension
- Parents who would like a spelling refresher or would like to go beyond the basics of the spelling program
- Any K-5 parents new to the school and to our spelling program
- Parents who want to support their children in the area of media and digital literacy
- Parents who feel out of their depth as their children start to use more technology
- Adults only; this event is not for children and we will not have childcare.
Kindergarten parents - essentials:
- Phonological Awareness and Phonograms
- Reading Together
Grade one parents - essentials:
- Spelling Level 1
- Reading comprehension strategies
Parents new to VCS with children older than kindergarten:
- Spelling Level 1 is essential!
- Spelling Level 2 once you’ve had level 1
- Reading comprehension strategies (for gr 1-3) or Intermediate Comprehension (gr 4-6)
Parents who have already taken our essential workshops:
- math games
- the new Intermediate Comprehension workshop
- any of the other sessions
Session 1: 7:00 – 7:45
Spelling: Level 1 - for parents of grade one children and new students grades 2-5
Math Games to Support Number Concepts - for parents of children grades 1 and up
Phonological awareness and Phonograms - especially for kindergarten parents
Home Internet Control - parental control software options
Social Media - how to be smart with your kids
Porn-Proofing Today’s Kids - prepare for important conversations with your children
Session 2: 7:50 – 8:35
Reading comprehension strategies - for parents of children grades 1 and up
Reading Together - for kindergarten parents
Phonological awareness and Phonograms (repeat) - especially for kindergarten parents
Beyond Google - great online research resources you can use at home
Home Internet Control (repeat) - parental control software options
Porn-Proofing Today’s Kids (repeat) - prepare for important conversations with your children
Session 3: 8:40 - 9:25
Spelling: Level 1 (repeat) - for parents of grade one children and new students grades 2-5
Reading Together (repeat) - for kindergarten parents
Spelling: Level 2 - gr. 2-5 focus – Spelling level 1 is a prerequisite!
Beyond Google (repeat) - great online research resources you can use at home
Classroom and Chromebooks - try out the tools your gr 4-6 child is using at school
Intermediate Comprehension - especially for parents of gr 4-6 students
For Kindergarten to Grade 5 Parents only
For Parents Only
Our all-school Christmas Concert will be held at Glad Tidings Church (3456 Fraser St in Vancouver)
There will be no school for KG - Gr. 5 students. Conferences for KG - Gr. 5 students will take place from 1:00 pm - 8:00 pm.